Mod. Bit/Built-Up Roofs (BUR)
Roofs that reflect big savings
Does your building have an old, black tar or asphalt roof that needs help? Make a smart business decision and cover it with a white, reflective, Energy Star-rated Conklin Coating System. You will enjoy immediate and long-term savings that will reflect well on you.
With a Conklin’s Coating System it’s possible to:
- Save enough on cooling costs to pay for your recoat within just 4 – 7 years on average.* Our Energy Star-rated, white top coats reflect up to 85% of the sun’s heat rays. This cools your roof and building naturally so you can spend up to 30% less on air conditioning. (In comparison, black roofs only reflect 5-7%.)
- Avoid the highly expensive tear-off and haul-away of your existing black roof** and the tremendous workplace disruption it can cause. (Saves on valuable landfill space, too.)
- Qualify for new federal tax credits and/or rebates earmarked for energy efficient projects***
- Conklin Coating Systems provide decades of protection.
- Reinforce seams where leaks tend to occur.
- A cooler roof lasts longer.
- Conklin offers non-prorated material warranties.
- When it’s time to renew your roof, simply have it recoated.
Make a decision that reflects well on you year after year … a reflective, energy-saving Coating System from Conklin. Click on the downloads for specific product information.
*Actual results may vary. Consult the DOE Energy Audit Program for more accurate results.
**Adhesion test is required. Check with your local code agency as well as with Conklin Technical Services.
***Check with your local utility companies, tax adviser and dsireusa.org or energystar.gov for additional details.